School Field Trips, Home School Trips, Scouts
Make Our Museum Your Classroom!
Ignite Students' Curiosity through Entertaining and Interactive Exhibits...
A field trip to the Paper Discovery Center integrates science, art and history with an inspiring and relevant industry example that is strongly connected to Wisconsin’s heritage. The Paper Discover Center is housed within an historic paper mill overlooking the Fox River.
To book your field trip, please review our CALENDAR for open dates, call the Paper Discovery Center at 920.380.7491, send an email to Michael@PaperDiscoveryCenter.org or complete the ONLINE REGISTRATION FORM. An email confirming your request will be sent to you.
Advance registration is required. We are unable to offer field trips, or group tours, on Saturdays.
Field trips can be expected to take approximately 2 hours. 9:00 - 11:00 AM and 12:30 - 2:30 PM are our recommended time slots but these can be adjusted to suit your group.
Rates and Chaperones
- Field trip rates are $4 per student, with a $45 minimum charge.
- Minimum group size is 15 students and the maximum is 60 students.
- Chaperones are free with a required ratio of 1 adult per 5 students.
- Additional chaperones are $5 per person.
- The driver of the bus receives complimentary admission.
- Groups are charged based on a confirmed reservation.
- Cancellations must be made at least 2 days prior to your scheduled visit. You may reschedule your visit for another date with a minimum 48-hour notice. Cancellations with less than 48-hour notice may not be refunded. We do not refund for individuals who are unable to attend field trips.
- A space for lunch is also available for an additional $35. Please reserve space when making your reservation.
The Paper Discovery Center offers a wide range of programs tailored specifically for participating Girl Scouts, Boy Scouts and Cub Scout groups. Scouts come from all over the Midwest to participate in programs offered at the Paper Discovery Center. Our Scout programs offer unique and personalized opportunities for Scout troops to discover the world of paper through hands-on scientific activities, while meeting their badge requirements as well.
Scout Leaders, please review our CALENDAR for open dates to schedule your visit to the Paper Discover Center.
Earn your badges here at The Paper Discovery Center!
Click the button below for a list of Events:
Adult Workshops & Events
UPCOMING ADULT WORKSHOPS/EVENTS
Meet Jane Austen
Saturday, March 3, 1:00-3:00 PM
Saturday, March 24, 1:00-3:00 PM
Enjoy creating your own Coptic stitched blank book while guided by Jane Austen in this unique
2-hour workshop. Participates must be at least 18 years of age and older. Pre-registration and prepayment will be required. Limit to only 8 people at each session. Cost is $25 per person.
Paper Flower Lanterns
Saturday, March 17, 1:00-3:00 PM
Embellish a paper lantern to create a stunning light fixture for your home. We provide all the materials you’ll need including the cord kit.
Maximum of 12 participants. Cost is $15 per person plus an additional $10 materials fee.
Pre-registration is required. All materials and supplies provided. This workshop is designed for adults, or children 13 and over with an accompanying adult. Space is limited- reserve your spot by March 15.